Saturday 27 April 2013

Welcome!

Hello world! I was sitting alone at home one night (situation normal) and feeling frustrated about having no-one to talk to so it struck me that I could start a blog and expose the world to my thoughts and ponderings.
So who am I? well I am a single parent, but that is not all - I am nearly finished a counselling degree, which is awesome, and I am currently counselling at a couple of locations. I am passionate about helping others change their lives, make decisions or express their deepest thoughts.
This blog therefore is about two things, it is certainly about sharing the trials, tribulations and celebrations of a single parent life, but it is also a way to reach out more deeply to others in a similar situation, to interact with you, encourage you and journey with you :)
I have school age children now but have been a single parent for a few years now, including when 2 were pre-schoolers. I have experienced times of despair and times of joy, days where I have felt like the worst parent in the world and periods of loneliness. I have learned hard lessons about pride and acceptance and I also know it is possible to move forward in life whatever the circumstances. We do not have to be 'stuck' in the same place in our life forever.
I encourage you to interact with me here! xxoo

SPC

No comments:

Post a Comment